Here are some important dates and information about graduation for the Class of 2017:
- September 12 - Seniors meet with a representative from Josten's to be measured for caps and gowns and to learn about other graduation products that they can order.
- September 15-16 - Students place orders with Josten's over lunch time in the cafeteria. Students who missed these order days can order online at jostens.com.
- Thursday, March 23- Baby pictures and senior pictures for Senior Awards Night are due to the Counseling Office.
- Thursday, May 4 - Seniors meet with the Mr. Thomas and Mrs. Scallon in the gym during first block for instructions about the graduation ceremony and to receive their caps and gowns. 2017 Graduating Class picture in cap and gown will follow the senior meeting.
- Tuesday, May 16 - Last day to get PLATO coursework completed in order to count towards graduation.
- Friday, May 19 - Gold Finals
- Monday, May 22 - Maroon Finals and Last School Day. Senior Awards Night at 6:00 pm in the WHS auditorium.
- Tuesday, May 23 - All fines must be paid and all books must be returned in order to participate in the graduation ceremonies.
- Wednesday, May 24 - Baccalaureate Program at 7:00 pm in the WHS Auditorium - Sponsored by the Windsor Ministerial Association. For more information, please call Pastor Fred Evenson at (970) 686-7307, ext. 11.
- Friday, May 26 - MANDATORY graduation practice at 12:45 pm in the WHS main gym. Any exceptions must be cleared with Mrs. Scallon ahead of time. Students who do not attend the practice and have not been excused by Mrs. Scallon will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Sunday, May 28 - Graduation Ceremony at 12:30 pm at The Events Center at the Ranch. There is no limit to the number of guests that a student may invite. Seniors must report no later than 11:30 am.
- Questions should be directed to Jenny Condell, Administrative Secretary by phone at 686-8111, or by email at email@example.com.
Seniors! Do not participate in activities that could jeopardize being able to graduate (i.e. NO Senior Pranks, NO camping on the football field, etc.)!
Graduate Tips for Wearing Your Cap & Gown:
- Cap - Should be worn so that the mortarboard is level, and not cocked to either side, or placed on the back of the head. The crown of the cap should come to approximately 1" above the eyebrows. The deeper portion of the crown is the back.
- Gown - Should be pressed and worn with dark shoes. Women should not wear flowers, pins or other jewelry. A simple straight dress without a high neckline gives the best results. Men should wear a dress shirt and tie (optional) that will compliment the gown. Coats may be left off for comfort.
- Tassel - Should be worn on the right side before the diploma is conferred. It is customary to change the tassel from the right to the left side after the diploma is conferred. Your class officers will direct you when to do this during the ceremony.